Thursday 23 December 2010

Oops!

I'm now officially set for Christmas! My Moonpig.com cards have arrived, as has hubby's T-shirt. The stuff my Mom sent from the UK hasn't come yet but hopefully it will come before Christmas. If not, then it shouldn't be long after.

Well, last night's meal with the in-laws wasn't exactly the success we'd hoped it would be. They were meant to be here between 5.30 and 5.45pm, so I'd said we'd eat at 6. Well, 6pm came and went. Hubby thought they might be stuck in traffic... at 6.15 we called their house and there was no answer. Then a few minutes later they rang us back - from their house phone! They'd both completely forgotten! We were really pissed, especially as it was his Mom who decided that the meal would be on Wednesday. We'd rather have done it today, but as I wrote last week his Mom had a Jehovah's Witness "meeting" to go to so they couldn't have come today. So, I'd spent all day getting the house all clean and tidy, making apple crumble and prepping veggies, for nothing! Hubby had spent ages cooking the tilapia and making sauce for it. All the food was ready at 6 and our dinner guests just forgot. They ended up getting here at 6.45. We'd eaten already, so we just kept the rest of the food warm for them. At least they were very apologetic about the whole thing. Apparently they thought the meal was today so they would've showed up tonight! Just as well they didn't, because we're not cooking enough food today! Jeez... Well, it was still a nice evening after the terrible start to it!

Right now I have this weird feeling in my stomach, I think I might have indigestion. Strange, because I don't usually suffer from that! Maybe the soup I had for lunch is the culprit. I'm really tired too, but I didn't stop at all yesterday so that's not surprising. Pug-pug slept on our bed with us last night and she was really good, she just lay right next to me all night and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6.50am. She was like a hot water bottle though - I had to keep kicking off the blanket 'cos she made me so warm!

Hubby has the day off work tomorrow so that'll be nice. Not sure what we're going to do yet, but we might go somewhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment