Tuesday 28 December 2010

Drama at the Dog Park!

Hubby stayed home today while I took pug-pug to the dog park. I met a really nice couple with a black pug, so we talked for quite a while. They only moved here a couple of months before I did, so it's nice to not be the only "new" person! Hehe. They moved from Washington though, so they probably fit in a little better than I do! I saw a couple of people I hadn't seen in a while, whose dogs pug-pug loves to play with, so that was cool. I was going to leave, but then I saw the lady with the 3 pugs and my pug wasn't ready to go home yet - she wanted to play with them! The little old pug I was cuddling yesterday was very happy to see me, she kept coming to me for cuddles. Very very sweet!

Unfortunately, just as we were all about to leave, pug-pug got attacked by a horrible vicious pomeranian. I had to pull it off of her, it wouldn't let her get away (and she really was trying to). Its idiot owner was at the other side of the dog park and didn't do a single thing. I got no apology or anything. In the process of that horrible dog trying to kill her (it certainly looked like it - it definitely wasn't playing, that's for sure) it managed to roll her in dog shit. Great, huh? Earlier this afternoon I gave pug-pug a bath to try and soothe her skin, because it was itchy, and I had to give her another bath as soon as we got home from the dog park. I was pretty livid about the whole thing - the fact that this dog, which incidentally has attacked one of the other pugs that goes there (who's even more docile than my pug), had turned on my pug so viciously and the owner didn't even give a crap - if my dog did that to another I'd get her off the dog and apologize profusely to the owner. I almost walked over to him to give him an earful, but I didn't really have the confidence to do that because I was on my own. That sounds pathetic, doesn't it? I just didn't feel as though I could do that. If he'd been standing nearby and hadn't got his dog off of mine, I would definitely have said something. If it does anything to my dog again, I will say something - that dog should not be in the dog park if it's going to attack at least 2 dogs in as many days. I'm not overreacting, either - I know playing when I see it, and pug-pug plays with lots of dogs, big and small without incident. This pomeranian, even though it's a small dog, is just vicious. It was only 2 days ago that it attacked the other pug, whose owner I was talking to yesterday. Either the owner should keep it on a leash, under control, or they shouldn't bring it. Or they should take it into the big dog side, and see how long it gets away with its vicious behaviour then, with the pitbulls and rottweilers. I think it might change its tune then!

Pug-pug doesn't seem to be physically hurt, but after we gave her her dinner (after her second bath of the day) she vomited - that's very unusual for her. I think maybe she was a little traumatized by the whole thing. I hope it doesn't put her off other dogs. Hopefully it won't - she's never had this kind of experience before, and she's played with some pretty rough and tumble dogs. She's a happy-go-lucky kind of dog, so fingers crossed she'll put it behind her. I'll be trying to keep that vicious little shit away from her in the future, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment