Wednesday 15 December 2010

An Introduction

I'm British, and I was engaged to an American. We had a long distance relationship for over a year and a half, including a 6 month wait for my fiancée visa. I finally moved to Arizona in September 2010 and we married in October. Now we're in the process of doing my 'Adjustment of Status' so that I can become a permanent resident.

I never really thought I would emigrate; I'd lived in the UK my entire life, and in one city at that! It was only when I got together with my (now) husband that I ever considered moving to the US, and it was a long road! Lots of money, paperwork and heartache later and we're finally together for good - it's great!

At the moment I'm a housewife, because I don't yet have authorization to work. I'm not sure what I will do when I am allowed to work, it's something I'm thinking about at the moment. In order to do the job I did in the UK, I have to go back to college for 18 months! Needless to say, having already spent 4 years at university I don't exactly relish the thought of that!

The main thing is that my husband and I are together - it's something that we don't take for granted having spent so long apart previously. This will be our first 'proper' Christmas together; we kind of spent last Christmas together, but I spent the majority of the day on 2 planes to get here, so it wasn't really the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment