Thursday 16 December 2010

One last thing

I think it's important to recognize that some people can really hurt you, and the fact that you're hurting obviously means you do care about those people. If you didn't, then their actions wouldn't really affect you much. So by no means do I hate or dislike any of the people I've written about here: I just feel very disappointed and let down by them. I'm not about to cut any ties with people, but I will await contact from them and if they do get in touch, that's good, if they don't then I think I need to re-evaluate things.

People change, situations change - maybe people have moved on without me now that I'm living in the US, maybe they think I moved on without them since I'm the one who emigrated. I don't know, but what I do know is that I haven't given anybody the impression that I've forgotten about them or that I'm not interested in keeping in touch. I don't contact people obsessively but I've sent enough emails etc. to have made an effort. Plus, I sent all those Christmas cards. They may not be a big deal to some people, but the fact that I bothered to make the effort and I spent a significant amount of money mailing them overseas shows that I care. Every day recently when I go to the mail box I hope to see a card from someone; most days I'm disappointed. I think that all the cards we're going to get from the UK have probably come already, I doubt very much that other people will bother. We're talking both friends and family here, not acquaintances. It's probably not 100% wise to judge how people value you by whether or not they send you a Christmas card, but I think it does at least show that someone's thinking about you and that they can be bothered to make the effort.

______________________________________________________


Now that I've had a good rant about everything that's been bothering me lately, the tune of this blog is going to change. Well, it'll change for the most part, anyway! I'm sure there will be some more of the same, if people continue to act as they have done, but on the whole I want this to be more of a cheery blog.

So for now, I'm going to focus on the good things in my life, such as my wonderful hubby and our lovely doggy, and also Christmas, which is only 9 days away! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment