Tuesday 8 February 2011

Finally got some sleep!

Last night we went to PetSmart and got a new doggy bed for Gracie. It's the same as the one we got for Suzie last year, but green instead of blue (like it really matters!). Suzie settled right away, but Gracie took a while to settle - she wanted to be on the bed with us. I felt really bad for her because I know she's sad right now, but we had to have the bed back to ourselves for our own sanity! We were hardly sleeping at all before. With both of the girls in their beds, we weren't disturbed by Gracie's snoring - what a relief! The girls probably slept better too, they have their own space in their beds and I'm sure when they slept on our bed we were waking them whenever we moved, or when we were trying to get Gracie to stop snoring!

We also got the girls a toy each - Gracie played properly for the first time last night! It was so nice to see! I think she's maybe feeling happier now. Yesterday evening I did have trouble getting her to eat, though. I spent half an hour with her, coaxing her to eat. At first she only ate a few little bits, then she wouldn't eat again for ages. I was about to give up when she started eating again, and she finished her dinner eventually. I hope that's only going to be a temporary thing - I'm sure it's because she's a bit depressed, with having been given away by her original owner. It's completely understandable. I do think she's a little underweight, so I really want her to eat more. I guess we'll just have to work on that. It's not much, maybe a pound or two. As long as she eats twice a day and eats most, if not all, of the food we give her, I'll be happy. When she doesn't eat I feel really bad. I know it's not our fault she's unhappy, but I really feel for her - especially when she looks at me with such a sad look in her eyes. I know people think pugs look sad all the time, but they really don't - they have very expressive faces. Gracie looks happy sometimes, like when we're getting ready to go for a walk. When she's refusing to eat, she looks so sad. The look in her eyes breaks my heart.

Anyway... hopefully getting her to eat breakfast won't be such an ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment